Two years after it banned PUBG, India has now banned the battle royale game BGMI.
After receiving an order from New Delhi, Google has removed the popular battle royale game Battleground Mobile India, also known as BGMI, from the Play Store in India. This comes a year after the game’s developer, Krafton, launched the app in response to a ban on a game that was very similar to PUBG being sold in the South Asian market. The BGMI game has also been removed from the App Store in the nation where it was previously available.
The developer of Android provided confirmation of the new information not long after the report was published. “On receipt of the order, following established process, we have notified the affected developer and have blocked access to the app that remained available on the Play Store in India,” a Google spokesperson stated to TechCrunch. “On receipt of the order, we have blocked access to the app that remained available on the Play Store in India.”
Google removed the application from the Play Store, and a source with knowledge of the situation informed TechCrunch that Krafton removed the application from the App Store on Thursday evening. The company that makes the iPhone did not react right away to a request for a statement. A spokeswoman for Krafton admitted that the business had been delisted and said that the company was looking into the matter.
PUBG, which was developed by Krafton and was one of the hundreds of applications that New Delhi banned in the nation, was the only one that was allowed to come back, but in an entirely different guise.
Krafton said that it has severed its relations with its publishing partner Tencent and made a commitment to spend one hundred million dollars in the gaming industry in India. In the past one and a half years, Krafton has provided financial support to a number of Indian startups, some of which include Nodwin Gaming, Loco, Pratilipi, and Kuku FM. Earlier this week, the company shared with TechCrunch that it was on track to deploy approximately $140 million in the country by the beginning of the following month.
The company, which has its headquarters in South Korea, said earlier this week that more than one hundred million people registered for the game in India in the year after it was first made available there. Sensor Tower reports that Battleground Mobile India now has more than 16.5 million monthly active users in the nation.
There was no apparent explanation as to why the Indian government had issued the decision to prohibit Battleground Mobile India.
A local media story from the previous month stated that a youngster had murdered his mother while under the influence of the game. However, the veracity of the account has been called into doubt by a number of people. This month, the study made its way into the nation’s parliament after gaining widespread attention on social media. Last week, India’s Junior Minister for Information Technology, Rajeev Chandrasekhar, said that inquiries were being conducted into the matter by several law enforcement organisations.
During the last several months, Indian authorities have conducted raids at the local headquarters of Chinese mobile phone manufacturers Xiaomi, Vivo, and Oppo and have accused these companies of engaging in tax evasion. The Chinese embassy in India issued a statement earlier this month condemning Indian authorities for conducting “frequent investigations” into the local units of the phone makers. It also issued a warning that such actions “impede the improvement of [the] business environment” in India and “chills the confidence and willingness” of businesses from other countries to invest and operate in the South Asian country.
Krafton has stated on multiple occasions that BGMI and PUBG are two separate games and that the company has implemented safeguards to prevent any misuse of its titles. These safeguards include imposing a time limit on the use of its games and requiring players to authenticate themselves before playing.
Because of the game’s enormous popularity, we are unfortunately forced to deal with these problems. We do not have any information on the specifics of the scam or how it was carried out; yet, these are serious situations. “We continually strive toward guaranteeing a secure gaming experience for players,” Sean Hyunil Sohn, the India CEO of Krafton, told TechCrunch earlier this week. “We are constantly working toward”
He continued by saying, “The government does not meddle in the process of determining which applications are allowed to run and which are not.” They address issues relating to digital privacy and security, and BGMI ensures that all recommendations are adhered to. The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has also brought to light the fact that PUBG and BGMI are two distinct games.
Hyunil Sohn said that the corporation was open to making more investments into the Indian gaming industry this year of up to one hundred million dollars or more.
- battleground mobile india removed from play store download
- battleground mobile india removed from play store in hindi
- battleground mobile india removed from play store link
- battleground mobile india removed from play store apk
- battleground mobile india removed from play store apk download
- pubg removed from app store 2022
- bgmi banned in india
- is bgmi banned in india 2022
- bgmi ban in india date 2022
- pubg mobile removed from app store
- bgmi ban photo
- bgmi ban notice list
- india pubg
Gaming से related और भी ऐसी ही जानकारी के लिए हमारी वेबसाइट को bookmark या home page पर शामिल कीजिये।
|Gaming 🎯||Hindinews24x.in For Gaming 🎮|